Thursday, July 2, 2015

Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm

Meek Mill doesn't feel like Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole are making music for him. Meek Mill was on Power 105 to discuss Dreams Worth More Than Money the other day, and while speaking with Angie Martinez, gave us a window into his personal taste in music. He was quite honest with Martinez, laying it all out there with artists that he both likes and dislikes. Most notably, he said that he wasn't a fan of Kendrick Lamar and J. Cole. "I don't listen to J. Cole and I don't listen to Kendrick," he said. "I think that they're dope lyricists and they're like great rappers, but they don't inspire me. It don't seem like they be talking to me. That ain't no hate at all." Who does he listen to then? Future, Dej Loaf, Young Thug and Jay Z. "Who music out right now that would touch me or inspire me or a person like me?" Meek said, "Nobody really except like Future."

No comments:

Post a Comment