Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Plug & Z aka Zeus Interview

What kind of influences did you have growing up that helped shape your musical tastes? Well I was born in Nashville TN. We call it the ville and I was raised in Lebanon aka L town. A lot of days after school I would go to my grandma’s house off of stokes street between all the projects. I actually lived there and a road close called bluebird. During those times because I was close to my grandparents I was listening to a lot of blues, while my mom loved gospel! I was real open minded so I listened to anything that sounded good since my taste was already so blended at that point I had learned to find something I liked about all genre’s! So I like to think that’s why I’ve found my own sound because my influences come from music and not hip hop specifically. What do you think about the current state of hip hop? I think hip hop is in a good state there’s a lot of artist out their killing it and not only that but we had a hip hop artist break number 1# over artist like BeyoncĂ© & Adele so I think the people are perceptive to what’s happening in hip hop! Who would you say is the most influential person in your musical career? I wouldn’t necessarily say one person but my family and my team definitely, “With great power comes great responsibility” ya feel me so I got to make sure we all eating because their futures are dependent on it. What kind of experiences do you think help mold you into the artist you are today? Growing up with my friends, I can remember writing rhymes in high school because I was bored and loved writing. Me and my friends would go to parties turn up and create fun memories. Definitely going to church with my mom on Sundays and hearing the church sing songs, I always use to love that. What do you think is your best song from “Ordained”? I think every song on “Ordained” are definitely equally good but if I had to pick one of my favorites probably “Swish” Or “Powder”. The energy that I had when I was riding those waves were really raw and I was really feeling the outcome! What can we come to expect in the next 3 to 6 months? I’m actually preparing to drop another mixtape on all major , platforms the name I’m gonna keep that on lock for the moment but in my opinion it’s better with “Ordained” so I’m hoping people feel it! I got a video that’s about to drop here soon! We’ve been hearing a lot about the deals that OV has been signing in the recent months through other blog outlets and we want to know who you’ve signed with and their credentials? Well some of the deals I can’t talk about to much but one of the deals I’ve signed is with “Awesome 2”, they’ve worked with Diddy, Mary j Blige, Busta rhymes, and a lot of other major artist and BET named them #19 of the most influential artist so we definitely got some big things poppin over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment